Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Musica es muy importante! (Music is very important!)

Well the females were complaining about how the female interviews were more interesting than the male interviews. But today the second male that we interviewed, Manuel Obregon, blew us all away!

(I'd like to briefly go off on a tangent to make this very important announcement...

Writing in journals is okay but I'd much rather type in the blog about my feelings on the trip because I can share with a wider audience and I get a lot more writing done. The fact that we have this technology (computers and laptops) around us and some of us still have to hand write 10 pages of chicken scratch for 20 minutes is ridiculous

Now back to our regular scheduled programming...)

Anyway, Manuel Obregon is a Costa Rican musician that has done some cool things with music. For instance, he went to the rainforest with all of his musical equipment and recorded a whole album based on the response from the animals from his music. I though that was pretty amazing. He told us that the animals actually came closer to him because they liked the sound of his music.

I found out that music is a enormous way to express oneself in the Latin American culture and so far I think he was our best interview!

~Stephen Bethea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home